(Photo Above Courtesy of EDCO)
Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO) announced the Growth Stage and Impact companies advancing to the 15th Annual Bend Venture Conference (BVC) on October 18-19. Last year, Growth Stage companies won prizes ranging from $25,000-485,000, while the Impact Category received over $110,000 in investment.
In alphabetical order, the five Growth Stage finalists are:
1. Caligoo (Bend) — A mobile customer journey software platform providing predictive and personalized experiences that sense, learn, reason and react in real-time to target customers and reach applications goals.
2. CommLoan, Inc. (Scottsdale, Arizona) — A commercial real estate finance marketplace reducing the cost and time it takes to secure a commercial real estate loan.
3. Stabilitas (Seattle, Washington) — An AI engine designed for security teams that allows us to do the work of 1,000 human analysts in real-time.
4. Talkoot, Inc. (Hood River, Oregon) — An intuitive, cloud-based tool that helps teams create high volumes of product copy.
5. TransformativeMed (Seattle, Washington) — Develops SaaS apps enabling physicians and nurses to deliver better patient care by making hospital medical records intuitive and easy to use.
In alphabetical order, the four Impact Stage finalists are:
1. Asarasi, Inc. (Katonah, New York) — Certified USDA organic plant-based water sourced from maple trees without compromising the ground-water table.
2. Dweller, Inc. (Portland, Oregon) — Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) built using modular construction and an innovative ownership structure to reduce the cost of housing in dense cities.
3. OCO Corporation (Vida, Oregon) — Converts carbon dioxide generated by industrial and fossil fuel burning power plants into a value-added platform chemical, formic acid.
4. ROTBLOC (Bend) — A sustainable post wrap for wood trellis systems and ranch fencing that lengthens post life while preventing ground line rot.
“This is the most geographically dispersed group of finalists we’ve ever had, showcasing the notoriety the Bend Venture Conference has gained over the past 15 years,” noted Brian Vierra, EDCO’s Venture Catalyst.
Hosted by EDCO, this year’s BVC will once again feature three competition categories: Growth Stage, Early Stage and Impact.