Ten community members with experience in finance, water quality, engineering, permitting and water infrastructure management were appointed by the Bend City Council to consider options for treating Bridge Creek drinking water.
Bend City Manager Eric King says the advisory group’s task is to weigh the risks and costs associated with the various treatment options for
Advisory group members include:
- Ray Auerbach, retired district manager, Paradise Irrigation District
- Eric Bercot, chemist, Suterra, LLC
- Mark Buckley, economist
- Tim Casey, president, Bend Chamber of Commerce
- Reagan Desmond, attorney
- Roger Dressler, technology strategy consulting
- Robert Eimstad, P.E., senior vice president, Carollo Engineers
- Craig Horrell, utilities manager, Deschutes Brewery
- Casey Roats, vice president, Roats Water System
- Cindy Tisher, paralegal
The advisory group’s first meeting is scheduled to take place in early July, with a recommendation due to City Council this fall. To learn more visit bendoregon.gov/surfacewater.