The public is invited to comment on the Deschutes County Community Development Department’s proposed work plan for 2020-21 at an upcoming Deschutes County Board of Commissioners’ public hearing:
Wednesday, June 10, 10am.
Deschutes Services Center, 1300 NW Wall Street, Bend
The draft work plan outlines the department’s anticipated projects and goals for the coming year including:
- Maintaining high customer service levels with appropriate staffing while practicing social distancing, among other safety measures to protect everyone, and expanding training for CDD’s online services
- Ensuring the department’s financial stability and implementing financial contingency measures if economic conditions warrant such action
- Adjust public involvement strategies due to the COVID-19 pandemic to maximize participation
- Supporting opportunities to provide affordable housing, including developing a comprehensive Deschutes County housing strategy
- Conducting community conversations to consider wildfire mitigation hazard map and development code amendments
- Coordinating with and supporting our four cities in their efforts to update their comprehensive, growth management, affordable housing, and transportation plans
- Evaluating new state wildlife habitat inventories, and conducting community conversations regarding new or updated protection measures
- Preparing to initiate the County’s Comprehensive Plan Update beginning in late 2021
- Implementing a potential new state law to allow accessory dwelling units on rural residential lands
- Participating in processes to update County transportation plans
The department’s draft work plan for 2020–21 and annual report for 2019 are available online at deschutes.org/cd.
For more information call 541-385-1708. Written feedback about the draft work plan can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.