It was a packed house at the Eagle Mountain Event Center on Thursday evening, April 4, where the recipients of the fifth annual Women of the Year Awards were announced. This hallmark event, in partnership with U.S. Bank, showcases and celebrates the impacts that the incredible women of Central Oregon have on our community. With a field of over 40 initial nominees, selecting the award recipients for the six award categories was a daunting task.
“People ask me if we really do vet the nominees,” said awards judge Connie Druliner. “The answer is yes and I counted it up this year and we spent 50 hours in the decision-making process.”
To see the event, the tears of joy and camaraderie, the laughter and all the great back stories of the nominees and award recipients, check out the video from the Facebook Live Stream here.
The awards recipients are:
- Entrepreneur of the Year — Affton Coffel
- Young Hero (14-17) — Jacquelynn Lopez-Lai
- Young Hero (18-21) — Lynnea Fredrickson
- Community Hero — Anna Higgins
- Lifetime Achievement — Peggy Carey
- Woman of the Year — Dawn Holland