Vanuatu spreads across a multitude of tropic islands in the South Pacific. It is not a big place, but locals are living in perfect harmony with nature. A trip to this place can be an amazing experience even if it is time-consuming and a bit expensive. It is a peaceful country. Receiving a second passport here is worth it and we will explain why.
What Advantages will you get with this Passport?
Vanuatu citizenship did not provide anything special until recently. In the past, it would offer access to less than fifty countries, but it all changed in 2015. An accord was signed with the EU, allowing people from this country to move freely through the Schengen Area without any difficulties. The layout has changed entirely, and now this passport is getting you easy access to more than 129 countries. Learn the full list of visa-free states and additional details regarding the passport here.
Furthermore, the president of Vanuatu made an important effort in order to maintain economic growth. It was the introduction of Honorary Citizenship in 2016. It was a measure to attract additional investments and create job opportunities.
Becoming a resident of this republic has now become very interesting. Instead of getting Vanuatu permanent residency, you can immediately apply for citizenship. The benefits of this document are:
- Right of entry into the Schengen Area and a number of states outside of it.
- Almost no tax to pay. There are very few taxes you have to take into consideration.
- No delays. It will take around 7 weeks to review all the paperwork and release a passport by the CBI Unit.
- You have accord for dual citizenship with no restrictions.
- A chance to travel and see the world without the need to obtain a visa.
- The parents of the main applicant (aged 56 and older) and his children ( 25 years of age or less) are able to obtain this a Vanuatu passport. There is also no need to reside in the country to maintain your passports.
- The possibility to open accounts in international banks with the help of this passport.
What are the conditions for becoming a citizen?
There are several ways you can start living here. An employee visa can be easily obtained. By providing a stable income you would get residency. The way we’ve decided to describe here in detail is by participating in a Vanuatu passport by investment program. The whole procedure is not complicated, but it does have certain requirements. These are:
- The application can’t be submitted by a person who is under 18 years of age.
- The applicant must be clean before the law (no criminal records for serious crimes).
- The applicant has to provide a steady income.
You would have to invest 178,000 USD for a single applicant’s Vanuatu immigration documents. A family of four is required to invest 218,000 USD.
Is it an Ideal Option for Everybody?
Vanuatu passport doesn’t imply many citizenship requirements, and if paying taxes is a real issue for you or your business, then this place is perfect for you. You won’t even have to fly to the island to obtain your passport.
First of all, you will get the possibility to travel to EU countries. Secondly, you will be able to open accounts in international banking institutions. As you can see, the list of advantages is quite substantial.