Central Oregon Sparrow Clubs announce that tickets are officially on sale for the fifth annual Swinging with the Stars event, scheduled for October 17 at the Tower Theatre. Doors open for the Saturday night show at 5pm with a cocktail hour and a chance to get pictures on the red carpet!
Swinging with the Stars is modeled after the wildly popular Dancing with the Stars program. Featuring eight local celebrities, paired with professional dancers, each couple will dance and compete to take home the People’s Choice Award and the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy. The audience decides who takes home the grand prize trophy as they cast votes for their favorite dancing couple through donating to Sparrow Clubs. Each dollar equals one vote! The event will also showcase local dance talent, including live performances from The Latin Dance Academy of Bend and more.
All money raised will be used locally to help Sparrow Clubs continue serving children in medical need, and empowering youth to make a difference in our communities. Sparrow Clubs is proof that you’re never too young to make a difference. As the nation’s only youth-‐based charity of its kind, Sparrow Clubs not only provides financial and emotional support for critically ill children and their families, but also empowers young people to help a child through charitable service experiences. Sparrow Clubs is centered on the concept of “empowering kids to help kids in medical need.”
Swinging with the Stars is presented by KOHD, Central Oregon’s ABC and sponsored by Combined Communications, The Smart Shopper, SELCO Community Credit Union, Dwyer, Williams, Potter, The Lowes Group, and Smart Solutions with support from Les Schwab Tire Centers, Avion Water Company, Storage Solutions, 10 Barrel Brewing, SunWest Builders, Mountain View Heating, Greenwood Dental, HOLA! and many others.
Michael Leeland at 541-‐639-‐7806.
Tickets may be purchased by visiting the Tower Theatre website http://www.towertheatre.org/tickets-‐ and-‐events/swinging-‐with-‐the-‐stars or by calling 541-‐317-‐0700.
Tickets are all general admission and are set at $18 per person for specific seat selection and early purchase is recommended to secure the best seats.
The 2015 Star Dancer Lineup
• Gary O’Connell The Bank Prez-‐ Summit Bank, dancing with Deborah Coblentz
• Josh Cordell The Championship Coach -‐ Summit High School, dancing with Hayley Cruson
• Marianne Cox, The Dutchess of Hops -‐ 10 Barrel, dancing with Andres Garcia
• Jamie Danek, The Director of Humm -‐ Humm Kombucha, dancing with Sean Meehan
• Doug Knight, The City Councillor -‐ City of Bend, dancing with Elizabeth Weigand
• Michelle Mitchell, The Kombucha Queen -‐ Humm Kombucha, dancing with Joe Cope
• Molly Troupe, The Whiskey Chemist -‐ Oregon Spirit Distillers, dancing with Austin Faller
• Keith Witcosky, The City Manager -‐ City of Redmond, dancing with Nastassia Miller