((L) Tonya Cornett (R) Ian Larkin | Photos courtesy of 10 Barrel Brewing)
Four Gold Medals, Two Silver & A Bronze During Hybrid-In-Person Double-Blind Taste Testing
Bend-based 10 Barrel Brewing is proud to announce that brewers Tonya Cornett, Ian Larkin, Bryon Pyka and Jose Ruiz brought in accolades in seven categories, and awarded four gold medals — two for the Tiny Haus brand — two silver medals and one bronze medal as part of a double-blind-taste-testing that included 1,097 entries from 105 breweries.
In its sixth edition, Oregon Beer Award winners were selected by a panel of 42 judges, who were served 133 flights of beer over six days. Judging took place at Maletis Beverage’s warehouse with the awards held Thursday, May 20, and broadcast online. Despite the ongoing challenges and recovery associated with the pandemic, the 2021 event was the second biggest in Oregon Beer Award history with nearly 1,100 individual beers entered by more than 100 breweries.
Beers were segmented into 29 judged categories and 11 industry categories. 10 Barrel Brewing took home awards in seven judged categories, four of which were Gold medals. 10 Barrel’s Tiny Haus brand continues to set itself apart from its competitors, taking two gold medals for their Money Cat and Equatorial Haze beers. 10 Barrel also took Gold for its Dark Lager named ‘Captivator’ and the Imperial IPA ‘All Ways Down’, the latter of which will be packaged and distributed this Fall, 2021.
10 Barrel Award-Winning Beers, and Brewers, from the 2021 Oregon Beer Awards.
- Pale Lager, GOLD — Money Cat, brewer: Tonya Cornett
- Dark German and European Lager, GOLD — Captivator, brewer: Tonya Cornett
- Classic North American Style, BRONZE — Twheat, brewer: Ian Larkin
- Imperial IPA, GOLD- All Ways Down, brewer: Ian Larkin
- Fruit Beer, SILVER- Passionate Envy, brewer: Tonya Cornett
- Rare, Historical, and other traditional beer, SILVER — Baywindow, brewer: Ian Larkin
- Emerging IPA/Experimental Hoppy beer, GOLD — Equatorial Haze, brewer: Tonya Cornett