The Humane Society of Central Oregon has a number of great events coming up this summer and fall.
2021 Tuxes & Tails Diamonds in the Ruff is Saturday, October 2 In Riverhouse Convention Center
Saturday, October 2, 2021 marks the Humane Society of Central Oregon’s 16th year of hosting Tuxes & Tails and our 60th year of providing shelter, medical and behavioral care for 6,500 homeless and owned companion animals in Central Oregon. Doors will open at 5:30pm for this event.
Tuxes & Tails is the Humane Society of Central Oregon’s premier fundraiser of the year. This fun evening amongst animal lovers includes dinner, desserts and dancing, plus an extensive silent and live auction with all proceeds benefiting animals in need. Tickets and Tables available for purchase.
Every year we strive to raise more than $250,000 to provide the resources and a safe space for thousands of pets and their people who depend on the Humane Society of Central Oregon for:
- Adoption of companion animals into loving homes
- Reuniting pets with their people
- Providing a lost and found reporting program
- HOPE Food Bank providing food & litter supplies to keep people and pets together
- Our Spay+Neuter Clinic provides affordable spay and neuter surgery, microchipping and preventive veterinary care so that companion animals are not abandoned or relinquished due to financial constraints.
- Foster care gives 500 newborn, orphaned and unsocialized kittens, puppies and small animals the ability to thrive and find a loving home.
- Community Cat Program: providing vaccinations and spay+neuter surgery to reduce feral cat overpopulation.
50 Percent Off Furniture Sale and Volunteer Fair at the Thrift Store Saturday, June 26
Humane Society Thrift Store super saver opportunity next Saturday, June 26 with a 50 percent off furniture sale. Come in and see if we have something to update your décor, fill up a guest room, send with a college-bound student or maybe a small accent piece just for fun!
We have new donation door hours too: Monday-Saturday, 10am-5pm.
Thrift Store Volunteers Needed
HSCO is looking for volunteers with skills to help at our Thrift Store!
We’d be lost without our valuable volunteers who help with our daily operations by assisting customers, stocking and sorting items, helping with retail displays and so much more. Visit our volunteer fair Saturday, June 26 from 12-4pm at the Thrift Store and learn how your gift of time will help the animals.
Help Your Pet Thrive Over Fourth of July
The week surrounding the Fourth of July is one of our busiest weeks of the year for receiving lost and frightened animals running from the sounds of fireworks. Here are HSCO tips for a pet safe 4th of July:
- Make sure your pet has current ID tags and a microchip.
- Keep your pet(s) inside.
- Immediately report lost and found animals to Humane Society of Central Oregon or 541-382-3537. Visit our shelter and view stray pets on-line at hsco.org/strays. Shelter space is limited during this busy holiday, so quickly reclaim your pet.
Join Us for SUPS & PUPS at Elk Lake Saturday, July 3
Help animals in need by drinking beer and enjoying a barbecue in a breathtaking setting July 3 at Elk Lake Resort. Local breweries and other fun vendors will be joining us on the shore of Elk Lake, a short drive from downtown Bend.
SUPs (Stand Up Paddleboard) & PUPs Schedule of Events
11am-8pm — Local Craft Beer, Beverages & BBQ
12pm — SUP + PUP Race
1:30pm — Dog Swimming Competition (timed dog paddle out and back)
3pm — J.D. Platt’s K9 Kings Entertainment
4pm — Awards
5-8pm Music on the Water by Michalis Patterson
$7 beer and $12 BBQ
$10 entry fee for fun dog competitions (register at event)