“Our communities are just now beginning to show signs of recovery; I have a deep commitment to seeing that your county continues to keep core services strong to support a full recovery,” Baney said. Baney has served on the commission since 2007 and is now in her second term.
Raised in Deschutes County, Commissioner Baney says is committed to economic vitality by keeping your community strong. She comments that she plans to continue to:
• Seek out and remove barriers that get in the way of business retention and expansion
• Invest in public safety funding to keep your community safe
• Invest in road funding and land use planning which supports job creation, development, and tourism
• Seek opportunities with private business and local governments to collaborate in providing services. This strengthens local partnerships, lowers overall costs and reduces duplication.
• Support healthy forest and natural resource management practices to protect our environment and keep our communities safe from catastrophic wildfires
Baney remarked, “Counties in partnership with the State provide essential services to our most vulnerable residents. The State is in the middle of transforming how public safety, education, health care, as well as mental and public health services are delivered and funded. I am in a leadership role to help set good policy and keep these services strong in Deschutes County. It is critical that I remain involved to see that our tax dollars are used in the most efficient way possible.”
Commissioner Baney represents Deschutes County as a Governor appointed member of the Oregon Transportation Commission and the Oregon Housing Council. She chairs the Central Oregon Health Council, is vice chair of the Local Public Safety Coordinating Council and gives her time to many local organizations including KIDs Center Advisory Board, Healthy Beginnings Advisory Board, Central Oregon Visitors Association, Arts Central Board and is a founding member of the Family Access Network Foundation.
For a complete biography visit www.deschutes.org/TammyBaney.