Synergy Health & Wellness (Synergy) today announced its advanced diabetes insulin pump administration certifications, along with a unique innovation to its Thriving with Diabetes classes.
The team of diabetes educators at Synergy are now certified and currently administering Medtronic and Omnipod insulin pumps to patients with both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
Starting in the October session, all participants in Thriving with Diabetes class will have the opportunity to “test-drive” a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) for fourteen days, which will provide data and real-time blood sugar monitoring.
“We look forward to supporting more people in this capacity and helping them understand and manage their blood sugar even better,” says RanDee Anshutz, RDN and founder at Synergy.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, Synergy has seen a profound uptick in those struggling to stay on track with managing diabetes, gut health and nutrition and kidney disorders. Their goal is to help patients address their struggles and partner with physicians to support their patients with recommended treatment programs. Synergy has also added additional members to its diabetes and nutrition teams to enhance the experience and capability to support more patients in its Bend and Redmond Clinics.
The next Thriving with Diabetes four-week class session will be held October 2 through 23, 2021; every Saturday 9am-12pm. Participants can select virtual or in-person attendance. Overview of the session:
- Provide education on diabetes, the disease process, factors that impact blood sugars, medications, and more
- NEW — clients will receive a test Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM). Over a two week period, clients will see how different foods impact their blood sugar in real-time.
- NEW — A full meal will be served during class and integrate carb counting, blood sugar education, and trending blood glucose levels in real-time.
- Examine behavioral strategies that can help people stay on track with their treatment or get back on track, and even thrive with diabetes
- Discuss real life tips and tools for recognizing and moving through the emotional aspects of diabetes.
Registration is open at synergyhealthbend.com/diabetes-education-program.html.
synergyhealthbend.com • 541-323-3488