The main purpose of preventive maintenance of air conditioning systems is to make sure that your system is operated within the optimal technical requirements for this type of equipment. Thus, it is able to give out the best performance, sticking with the optimal technical characteristics defined by a manufacturer.
The only way the equipment can optimally work is when hvac company regularly undertake the preventive maintenance of your air conditioning system. Their specialists are able to detect the wear of knots and parts and eliminate a possible problem before the air conditioning system breaks down.
The difference between the regular maintenance and preventive maintenance
All kinds of maintenances are made for the purpose of meeting the technological demands of manufacturers of equipment. An engineer is responsible for a number of tasks in their work:
- Consulting clients on the DIY setting of the equipment
- Doing repairs of broken equipment and changing the spare parts if necessary
- Adjustment of air-dispensing equipment and knots
- Testing the work of automated systems, diagnostics, and replacement of those knots and parts, which can break down in the nearest future.
Speaking about preventive maintenance, the tasks are a bit easier. An engineer does the following work:
- Cleaning and washing the outer block using a special high-pressure washing machine
- Disassembling the inner block and its complete inspection, cleaning, and disinfection
- Cleaning the drainage system
- Checking the work of all parts, knots, and piping.
In the case of need, an engineer refills the coolant to the required level.
The process of preventive maintenance for air conditioning systems
There is a step-by-step process for engineers of air conditioning maintenance companies that they should do during preventive maintenance.
- Check out whether there are any problems with the air conditioning system. Make a thorough visual inspection.
- Make sure that the air conditioning system creates correct levels of air-cooling. To do that, it is necessary to take off the air filters and wait until the compressor starts working.
- Turn the power off by unplugging the equipment from an electric outlet.
- Clean the outer block. A special high-pressure washing machine and brushes are used.
- Inner block has to be dismantled to open access to an inner impeller with blades.
- Blow a drainage system with a coolant using a special balloon – if necessary.
- Wash the heat exchangers and impeller with special disinfectants.
- Wipe all details and filters using oils.
- Assemble the air conditioning system back. Make sure all details are positioned correctly. Check the correct work of the heat exchanger.
- Check the general work of the air conditioning system after the assembly. To do that, the air conditioning is turned on and waited for 15 minutes. Using a remote control, check all regimens of work of equipment.
To make sure the air conditioning system works correctly and without flaws, it is necessary to do preventive maintenance not lesser than once a year.
Anti-fungi and antibacterial processing of air conditioning systems
Unfortunately, this issue is out of the scope of view of many air conditioning system owners. During the maintenance, it is important to make the anti-fungi and antibacterial processing using special remedies. Why is this important?
Air that goes into the air conditioner is cooled in a special evaporator. The entire moist from is stays here, which becomes an ideal environment for the propagation of various bacteria, fungi, viruses, and molds. An odor can form because of that, which can lead not only to odor in general but also to various diseases and allergies.
Engineers are able to make the anti-fungi and antibacterial processing using special water solutions of biologically active remedies, which destroy all bacteria, fungi, viruses, and molds, preventing their re-propagation.