The City of Bend is looking for input from the community to develop a Galveston Avenue streetscape concept. All residents are invited to take a quick survey to express their visions and hopes for the future of this corridor.
For information about the Galveston project and a link to the survey, visit: www.bendoregon.gov/galveston. The survey closes on November 7.
The City does not have funding for designing or building a new Galveston streetscape. At this time, the City is working toward an agreed-on concept and associated cost estimate. The survey is one of several tools the City will use to gather input from different groups across the City. City staff have also met with or intend to schedule meetings with:
• City of Bend Planning Commission
• Bend Economic Development Advisory Board
• Central Oregon Coalition for Access
• City of Bend Accessibility Advisory Committee
• Old Bend Neighborhood Association Board
• River West Neighborhood Association
• Individual business owners adjacent Galveston Avenue
• Cascade East Transit
• Neighbors in the Galveston vicinity
• Galveston Task Force
• An Open House public meeting
Community Relations Manager
City of Bend