BlueHighways TV (BHTV), an independent multi-platform network that explores the people, stories, traditions and music of America, announced that its High Definition (HD) linear channel is now available on BendBroadband systems.
BHTV launched its HD channel to a variety of cable affiliates in June, and is now fully delivered via a single high quality HD signal. The HD channel is available in Central Oregon on channel 670 of BendBroadband’s Preferred Package.
“We are extremely excited to make our HD channel available to BendBroadband customers,” said Stan Hitchcock, BHTV’s Chair and CEO. “This enhanced format enriches the roots music, travel, arts and Americana programming that our viewers have come to love.”
“We are pleased to now be able to offer our customers BlueHighways’ colorful programming via an HD signal,” said Mark Hobbs, director of marketing at BendBroadband. “BlueHighways has proven to be a very popular addition to our channel lineup, and we’re confident our customers will enjoy the new HD programming that is available.”
BlueHighways TV original programming features roots music, art and culture presented as a colorful tapestry of American life and heritage. Its HD channel features a robust selection of viewers’ favorite programs, including:
- American Journeys – A sweeping documentary-style look at the land and people of America, this brilliantly filmed one-hour feature program unearths America’s cultural and scenic treasures and exquisitely showcases the diversity of our country.
- Due West – Seeking to reacquaint those who embody the Western spirit and introduce the West to people who have journeyed there only in their imaginations, “Due West” is a 30-minute travelogue hosted by Dan Miller that explores the mystique of this unique region.
- Heart To Heart – BlueHighways TV Founder Stan Hitchcock draws upon his musical heritage in this 30-minute conversation program where he sits with the stars and legends of country, gospel, western and bluegrass to talk and play the music that has shaped their lives.
- Country Vibe – In this fast-paced series, host Chuck Long interviews new and established artists from country music and co-host Becca Walls shares her Country Snippets.
- Reno’s Old Time Music Festival – Bluegrass music is enjoying an American renaissance, and this 30-minute program celebrates that rebirth with riveting live acoustic performances featuring Ronnie Reno and the Reno Tradition and a variety of guest music legends.
- Live at Oak Tree – Go behind the scenes as some of the finest artists in Christian music record a new CD at Oak Tree Studios in Hendersonville, TN.
- ProRoughstock Rodeo – Bareback, saddle bronc and bull riders in roughstock rodeo’s biggest events!
About BlueHighways TV TM
BlueHighways TV is an independent satellite, cable and broadband delivered television network that grew out of the great interest that audiences have in exploring the folklore, music, traditions, destinations and artistry of America. Conceived and created by Network Creative Group, LLC, BlueHighways TV captures that welcoming, down-home spirit that Americans are known for, delivered with a fresh and sincere voice. BHTV is available as a high definition network, via VOD, and viewed online in over 190 countries. For more information, visit BlueHighways TV’s website at www.bluehighwaystv.com.
BendBroadband is a family-owned, local company serving Central Oregon since 1955. A leader in the cable and broadband sectors, the company offers an extensive range of broadband, cable and telephone services for commercial and residential customers. Central Oregon facilities include more than a thousand miles of fiber and coax infrastructure along with metropolitan optical Ethernet, T-1/PRI and hosted PBX services serving the business community. BendBroadband offers multiple phone and high-speed Internet options with speeds up to 60 Mps. BendBroadband operates one of the fastest wireless broadband networks in the nation, which covers an expanded Central Oregon footprint along with outdoor Wi-Fi. The company was among the first to be 100% digital and offers Video on Demand, digital video recorders, HDTV (with more than 100 HD channels) and a choice of interactive program guides. BendBroadband focuses its corporate contributions and sponsorship efforts on youth, and by supporting an array of arts and entertainment in Central Oregon. In the community, BendBroadband provides extensive local sports, civic programming and local features created and produced by COTV, channel 11. www.bendbroadband.net